Making Sense of Risk Appetite
London, 13 & 14 May 2014
About the course
This two day training course will provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of risk appetite. Delegates will gain in-depth, practical knowledge of building a risk appetite framework, and consider wider strategic issues such as risk culture and communicating with the board. The course will be conducted in a friendly learning environment that will encourage discussion and debate.
This seminar will provide delegates with a comprehensive understanding of the concept of risk appetite and its effective use within financial institutions.
- Learn what risk appetite is, and how to dispel some common misconceptions
- Understand the benefits associated with expressing and articulating your organisation's appetite for risk
- How to select effective methods for expressing risk appetite within your organisation
- Learn best practice in relation to establishing, maintaining and implementing an effective risk appetite framework.
- Understand current regulatory requirements on risk appetite and other good practice standards that relate to the concept (e.g. COSO, IRM and the Institute of Operational Risk)
- Dr Simon Ashby, Professor of Financial Services, Plymouth Business School