Identifying Preventive Key Risk Indicators
New York, 30 & 31 August 2017
Taking place on the 30 & 31 August through a combination of presentations and practical exercises, this seminar offers a full review of the role and attributes of KRIs in financial services, clarifies some confusing ideas about the topic and positions a risk indicators programme in a risk management framework. It suggests a list of the best performing KRIs in some banking and financial markets activities and proposes a step by step method to select and design proactive KRIs.
- Receive a comprehensive overview of indicators
- Understand step by step how to select predictive KRIs
- Discuss risk culture and indicators
- Gain insight on risk and control identification through process mapping
Who Should Attend:
- Business Officers
- Credit Risk Managers
- Operational Risk Managers
- Internal Auditors
@RiskNetNewsTweets by @RiskNetNews
- Design an efficient indicator program in a risk management framework
- Define specific and actionable risk appetite statements
- Specify relevant indicators for various tasks
- Focus on preventive risk indicators for their own activity
- Use indicators as an effective management tool
- Define threshold levels for KRI that translate corporate risk appetite
- Comprehend the methods and strategies to use KRIs efficiently
- Improve returns as a result of monitoring KRIs
Course Tutor: Ariane Chapelle, PhD, MIRM
Dr. Chapelle holds a PhD in Economics and two Masters in Finance and Econometrics. She is a professional trainer and independent advisor with 20 years' experience in teaching academic and executive audiences. She is active in operational risk since 2000, with business experience acquired in managerial functions in Internal Audit and Risk Management in ING Group and Lloyds Banking. Ariane Chapelle runs her own training and consulting practice in risk management since 2006, her clients made mostly of top tier financial organisations.
Ariane Chapelle is Honorary Reader at the University College London in Operational Risk and Fellow of the Institute of Operational Risk for which she chairs the Sound Practice Guidance Committee. She is a columnist for Operational Risk and Regulation magazine.