Selecting and Designing Effective KRI’s
London, 26 & 27 March 2013
About The Course
Through a combination of presentations and practical exercises, this seminar offers a full review of the role and attributes of KRIs in financial services, clarifies some confusing ideas about the topic and positions a risk indicators programme in a risk management framework. It suggests a list of the best performing KRIs in some banking and financial markets activities and proposes a step by step method to select and design proactive KRIs.
After the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Design an efficient indicator program in a risk management framework
- Specify relevant indicators for various tasks
- Focus on predictive risk indicators for their own activity
- Use indicators as an effective management tool
- Collect the right information to report on
- Define threshold levels for KRI that translate corporate risk appetite
- Comprehend the methods and strategies to use KRIs efficiently
- Improve returns as a result of monitoring KRIs
Ariane Chapelle, PhD, MIRM
Ariane Chapelle is a professional trainer and independent adviser with 20 years experience in teaching and training both academic and executive audiences. She is active in operational risk since 2000, with business experience acquired in managerial functions in Internal Audit and Risk Management in ING Group and Lloyds Banking, academic research, independent consulting and training.
She has designed, managed and run operational risk training programmes for several international banks and facilitated hundreds of training sessions on operational risk along the years across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Ariane Chapelle is Tenured associate professor of Finance and Risk Management (Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium).