IFRS 17: Managing Insurance Contracts
Risk Training's two day course will provide an overview of the standards, discuss the measurement models, key business challenges presented, how to confront IFRS 17 within your business and will suggest strategies for working towards implementation.
Day one will delve in to the key elements of the IFRS standards, the different measurement models and the key challenges of implementing the systems and related data issues. Day one will finish with a look at the treatment of different investment components.
Day two will start with a session on applying IFRS 17 to reinsurance contacts. Further sessions will include approaches to transition, how to leverage solvency II models for IFRS 17 accounting models and a look at what the future might look like post implementation.
Milena Lacheta, Head of EMEA Regulatory and Rating Agency Advisory, Aon Benfield Analytics
Mark Spencer, Financial Services Accounting Advisory Leader, BDO LLP
Peter Plat, Independent Consultant
Remo Cavegn, Finance Program Director, Allianz SE
Steven Morrison, Senior Director, Research, Moodys Analytics
Cassandra Hannibal, Director, Research, Moodys Analytics
Andrew Beattie, Senior Manager IFRS 17 Implementation, Zurich
- What IFRS 17 means for the industry
- Strategies for implementation
- Learning how to apply IFRS 17 to reinsurance vs the rest of the business
- Comprehending different approaches to transition
- How to use solvency II models for development IFRS 17 accounting models
- Evaluating what is next for IFRS 17 and what the future will look like post 2021
- Discussion of the impact of IFRS 17 on the insurance industry
- Consideration what measurement models are available and when they should be used
- Understand transition and different approaches
- Examination of the business impacts of IFRS 17
- Focus on the data requirements for IFRS 17
- Looking at how to treat a reinsurance contract
Who Should Attend?
This course is primarily aimed at those working in IFRS 17 within their organisation, however Risk Training welcomes anyone who is interested in the topic and will benefit from the training.