Our two day programme, taking place on the 29 & 30 August 2016, will present a best practice approach to operational risk management and provide a thorough and hands-on introduction to implementing operational risk practices. Focus will be placed on the key principles, tools and methodologies under-pinning the operational risk framework, while also taking into consideration wider issues such as risk culture, governance and regulatory reporting.
- Focus on the operational risk framework; governance, risk identification, reporting and scenarios
- Examination of KRIs: root cause analysis, control design, RCSA, risk appetite and risk culture
- Quality content delivered by Ariane Chapelle, a highly respected and experienced teacher in the field of operational risk
- Lessons drawn from a range of interactive case studies from leading banks and other financial institutions
Who Should Attend:
- Business Officers
- Credit Risk Managers
- Operational Risk Managers
- Internal Auditors
@RiskNetNewsTweets by @RiskNetNews
- The scope of the operational risk framework
- New regulation and governance issues
- Risk reporting
- Tools and techniques for risk identification
- Scenario analysis and planning
- KRI design
- Root cause analysis
- Risk and control assessments
- Risk appetite and culture
Course Tutor: Ariane Chapelle, PhD, MIRM
Ariane Chapelle is a professional trainer and independent adviser with 20 years experience in teaching and training both academic and executive audiences. She is active in operational risk since 2000, with business experience acquired in managerial functions in Internal Audit and Risk Management in ING Group and Lloyds Banking, academic research, independent consulting and training.
She has designed, managed and run operational risk training programmes for several international banks and facilitated hundreds of training sessions on operational risk along the years across Europe, Middle East and Asia.
Ariane Chapelle is Tenured associate professor of Finance and Risk Management (Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium).
What did previous attendees say?
- "Excellent course on the fundamentals, loved the examples" Director, Operational Risk Management, PHH Mortgages
- "Excellent content and dynamic presentations" Senior Operational Risk Management Analyst, Flagstar Bank
- "Instructor was wonderful, very engaging" Operations Risk Analyst, Federal Home Loan Bank, Topeka