Trade Surveillance for Energy Trading Firms
London, 15-16 March 2018
This course received fantastic feedback in 2016 and 2017 so we are delighted to bring it back for 2018.
Day 1 will discuss the different needs and approaches for companies regarding their trade surveillance as there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Discussion will cover how trade surveillance is evolving, having the right systems, physical withholding and patterns. Other sessions will revolve around optimising your systems and operational efficiency as a tool for business insight.
The second day will begin by considering the effects regulation has had on the compliance function. This will be followed by a session on data quality and management to examine the right information is being collected. Following on from lunch, we will discuss behavioural analysis and how to ensure all the right procedures are in place in case of a breach. The final session of the course will look at scenario testing with an emphasis on detecting patterns and mapping correlations.
Event Speakers Include:
- Geoff Boon, Programme Manager, Energy Markets Governance & REMIT, E-Control
- Brigitte Hendrikse, Managing Practitioner, IN-PRACTIZ Legal and Compliance Services
- Tom Lord, Project Manager - Regulatory Compliance, Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
- Aviv Handler, Managing Director, ETR Advisory
- Stanislav Shcheredin, Senior Consultant, PwC
- David Hirst, Director, Ainsty Risk Consulting Ltd
- Guido Zanetti, Managing Director, Protiviti
Who Should Attend:
- The course sets out to help and develop professionals working in the energy industry that engage with their company's trade surveillance. The compliance function, governance individuals and traders could find this particularly useful. However, Risk Training welcomes any individual with an interest in the course material.
- Experienced course speakers from across the industry
- Disussion of what surveillance meets your needs and how to achieve this
- Find out about physical withholding and look at case studies
- Learn about operational efficiency and tools for business insight
- Understand the effects of trade surveillance and EU regulation on the compliance function
- Learn how behavioural analysis can offer benefits
- Understand how to improve data management
@RiskDotNetTweets by @RiskNetNews
By the end of the two days, delegates will have new or improved knowledge of:
- How the need and demand for trade surveillance is evolving in a world of regulation
- Physical withholding
- Best procedures for optimising your systems
- Operational efficiency and how it can enable real-time monitoring
- How to correctly collect and use your data and the compliance issues surrounding it
- Behavioural analysis
- Scenario testing in order to detect patterns and map correlations
Energy Risk Training Testimonials:
Edison Trading - "Very knowledgeable speakers with first hand practical experience."
Monsson Trading - "A very useful presentation which cleared up some still unclear matters in the field."
CGI - "Very comprehensive, it touched a number of very valid points about the inconsistencies of the current and new regulations."