Andrea Martin Schnoz
Director, FS Risk & Regulatory Services
Andrea is a Director in PwC’s Financial Services Assurance Risk and Regulatory Group in Zurich. He joined PwC in August 2017 from Barclays in Singapore where he was the Regional Head of the Finance Regulatory Policy team. Before that Andrea worked for several years at Credit Suisse where he held the role of Global Head of FINMA Regulatory Assurance based in Zurich and EMEA Head of FINMA Regulatory Reporting in London. Andrea started his professional career at a Big4 company where he passed the Swiss CPA and CFA exams.
Independent Consultant and author, mentor and tutor for ALMA's Certificate in Bank ALM (CertBALM) qualification
Patricia is a senior banking risk professional who now leverages her experience to design and deliver training for practitioners on Treasury risks.
From 2009-15 she headed the global risk team responsible for liquidity and IRRBB at Standard Chartered Bank. Prior to that she spent eight years at Santander UK, where she steered interest-rate and liquidity risks through the integration into the Santander Group risk framework and the Global Financial Crisis. She began her career at the Bank of England, firstly as an economist and later working on the development of prudential policy.
Patricia was a member of the Committee of the UK Asset & Liability Management Association (ALMA) from 2007-14 and enjoys tutoring the Capital Management unit of ALMA's new CertBALM® qualification
Subject Matter Expert
- Studied Mathematics, Computer Sciences and Philosophy at the Universities of Heidelberg and Darmstadt
- Cash, money market and derivatives trader, later heading up the asset/ liability management at Banque Nationale de Paris in Frankfurt
- Deputy Head of Financial Markets at NatWest Markets in Frankfurt
- He headed the treasury and liquidity risk methodology in Deutsche Bank; developed and implemented the methodological framework for liquidity risk ( LiMA – Liquidity Measurement & Analysis)
- Executive Director Algorithmics’ ALM and Liquidity Risk Solutions
- board member and head of product management for Fernbach Software, Luxembourg
- Since 1999 until now he speaks at major (liquidity) risk conferences, tutors seminars and workshops on liquidity risk and ALM and consults banks and institutions such as the ECB and the BIS (where he is a regular speaker at the Financial Stability Institute) on liquidity risk
- Since 2008 he focuses on Liquidity Risk in his own firm, Liquidity Risk Corp. (LRC) where he advises private banks, central banks and regulators on liquidity risk methodologies and helps to build software solutions to implement the resulting policies
Independent Risk Management Consultant
Irina Ursachi is an independent Risk Management consultant. She has over eight years of experience in the banking industry, managing international projects in various European jurisdictions such as UK, France, and Germany. Her expertise covers the design and specification of business processes as well as the implementation of regulatory requirements, trading systems, and valuation models. Mrs. Ursachi is an active contributor to research projects and publications in the area of Risk Management. Prior to becoming an independent consultant, she has worked for the consulting companies d-fine and KPMG. She holds a Master’s degree in Mathematics from the University of Kaiserslautern.