Clearing & Uncleared Margins
London, 22–23 February 2017
This two day training course will give participants a comprehensive understanding of both clearing and non-cleared margins. The course will address the regulation, the costs, the risks and the different options available to companies. Additionally, there will be a discussion on how to move from regulatory compliance to optimisation, how to gain efficiencies and how to build a strategic solution. Topics include but are not limited to; the regulatory and legal framework of non-cleared margin rules, calculating margins, EMIR compliance, CCPs, clearing costs and collateral management.
- A complex understanding of clearing and non-cleared margins.
- How CCPs operate and how risks are managed on a daily basis.
- Calculating margins, different methodologies, and the operational impact of margining.
- Managing collateral, collateral optimisation and transformation.
- How to move from compliance to optimisation and build a strategic solution.
- Insights on the latest issues concerning clearing and non-cleared margins from industry experts and practitioners.
- Understand clearing and non-cleared margin rules and how they affect your daily operations.
- Learn methods for moving from compliance to optimisation and for building solutions within your company.
- Understand your costs and how to gain efficiencies.
- Learn about how CCPs operate, CCP risk, and what different models/account types are on offer as well as the risk associated with them.
- Guidance on managing collateral, collateral optimisation and the environmental constraints.
- Discussion on the future of clearing and non-cleared margins.
@RiskNetNewsTweets by @RiskNetNews
Lucy Hammond, Director, FMI Risk, Financial Institutions Group, HSBC
- With more than 15 years' experience working within some of the world's largest central counterparties, Lucy has an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of clearing ETD and OTC derivatives across multiple asset classes. More recently Lucy has been part of a specialist team within HSBC reviewing global CCPs; assessing their risk management frameworks and focussing on market and credit risk, default management policies, default waterfalls, liquidity management and margin models.
Anne-Laure Condat, Technical Specialist, Trading & Post Trade Team, Financial Conduct Authority
- Anne-Laure is part of the Trading & Post Trade Policy team responsible for coordinating the implementation of EMIR. Anne-Laure is also the FCA lead on the MiFIR post-trade RTS on straight-through processing and indirect clearing of exchange-traded derivatives. Previously, Anne-Laure worked as a derivatives lawyer at Linklaters for 10 years.
John Lund, Consultant, Derivatives Clearing & Collateral Management, JXL Consulting
- John is an experienced industry practitioner with 15+ years of hands-on experience specialising in derivatives clearing and collateral management for both the sell- and buy-side. He worked as a senior consultant at Accenture in the capital markets division for over 10 years. Since 2009, John has specialised in business change arising from global derivatives reform.
Mark Bortnik, Executive Director, European Head of Listed and OTC Clearing Sales, Morgan Stanley
Matteo Rolle, Senior Director, Head of In Business Risk, Capital, and Collateral, Lloyds Banking Group